Set website-level business hours
Website business hours allow you to control the times, days, dates, and circumstances under which your chat buttons are shown to customers.
To activate website-level business hours, you must create a website and then associate it with an HTML snippet. The HTML snippet will also have an associated chat button.
Department-level business hours and exceptions override website-level business hours and exceptions. Departments without unique business hours and/or exceptions use the same settings as associated websites.
You can also set agent hours to establish an individual agent's availability during a given time range. Agent hours are applied independently of business hours.
Here's how to set website-level business hours:
Create or edit a website, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to .
- Select an existing website group or click Create New.
Name the website.
This can be seen by customers when the Website field is included on a pre-chat form.
- Select Enable business hours for chat.
To make chat buttons available within business hours regardless of
agent status, select
Ignore Agent Status.
Important: This may result in unanswered chats. Chats may continue to be queued even when no agents are available.
- Select the Timezone used by the From/To time settings.
Business Hours, which are periods of time
(day/time combinations) that reflect your regular hours of operation.
Select the start and end of business hours, expressed as
when chat is available for customers.
Outside of this time period, your chat buttons display as unavailable even when agents are available. For example, if business hours are set for 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, the chat button associated with this website will become available at 9:00 AM (if agents are available, unless you ignore agent status) and will be disabled at 5:00 PM.
- Select the Days to which the From/To setting is applied.
- To set unique hours for the weekend (or any day of the week), click Add business hours and set the days and time as described above.
- Select the start and end of business hours, expressed as From/To, when chat is available for customers.
- Under Exceptions by date, you can alter your Business Hours (opening hours) on specific dates throughout the year, such as holidays or for special events.
- Save your changes.
Your website is ready to be associated with an HTML snippet. Unless this association is made, your business hours are not applied.